- Can I bring friends and family?
Of course! Friends and family are welcome to come to the event village, stay warm in the bar and watch competitors take on the obstacles within the event village site and cross the finish line.
- Can spectators see the course?
We are currently working on a spectator’s route to view certain parts of the course. The land is extreme and difficult to access, if you do venture onto it, you must respect the runners and stick to the designated route and public rights of way. More info coming soon.
- Will spectators be charged?
No, that’s ludicrous.
- How do I register a team?
- Click the register button on our main page
- Register yourself and create a team name
- Tell your friends to sign up individually and click on “join an existing team” when prompted. They will need the team name and password
- Or you can sign up and pay for your team there and then as long as you have the following details. First Name, Last Name, DOB, Email address and emergency contact.
- Your team should register as soon as you have to guarantee that they will be in the same wave time that you have selected
- How do I join an existing team?
- Click the register button on our main page
- Enter your details and select to “join an existing team”
- Search for the team and select the team name to join them
- Am I old enough to take part?
- If you are 18 or above or will be 18 by the day of the event you may enter on the basis that you are appropriately fit and healthy come race day.
- If you are 16+ and wish to participate, please contact email@example.com
- For ages 9-16, you may take part in our Junior Event on the same day.
- How do I change my registration details?
- Log into your Race-Nation account HERE.
- Select our event
- Update the information as needed
- Why haven’t I received a confirmation email?
This can happen for a few reasons. You may find your email in the spam or junk folder. Sometimes email addresses are misspelt upon registering. For the latter problem and any other problems send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I change wave times?
Maybe. Our wave times have a limited capacity so that the course does not become overcrowded. However, we understand when you want to run with your friends so we will always try to accommodate something. You will need to send an email to email@example.com with the details of your request.
- Are they any additional costs?
Yes. There is a small processing fee on top of the race entry price. This is a small percentage of your entry fee and is taken by our registration system company. We do not swallow this cost so that the entry fee is not exaggerated to include the processing fee. Therefore you pay exactly what the race entry price is, plus exactly what the processing fee will be. This is standard practice for events of this type.
- Registering for the Youth Run?
Please register on behalf of your child and enter all details as prompted. You do not need to register as parent if you are merely running alongside your child/children. If you wish to tackle all the obstacles and get the medal then feel free to sign up as well! If you are registering more than one child, you will need to use an alternative email address for each one.
Preparation and Training
- Am I fit enough to do this event?
- Our OCRs are designed for those with limited fitness levels and for those who run these events regularly.
- We expect you to do adequate training in order to complete this event, please see our training advice section below.
- Training Advice?
Keeping your workouts varied will help you gain a good broad level of fitness, reduce the risk of repetitive strains and help you stay motivated. This could be out on your bike or in a spin class one day, out for a trail run the next day, or doing a circuits class. Mix it up! It will help you build stability and endurance, getting you moving in lots of different ways.
- Push and pull
On the obstacle course, there are some great obstacles to crawl under and drag yourself over. Work on your upper body strength, especially any exercises where you use your arms and shoulders to push away or pull towards you.N.B. Strength does not mean bulky bulging muscles!
- Leg Power
Use explosive exercises, such as short sprints, squat jumps, box jumps, or short hill running intervals, to give your legs a power boost. This will help you drive up that muddy slope, jump over that tire wall and power to the finish line. N.B. These exercises are also great for burning calories!
- Keep hydrated
You’ll workout harder and your body will run more efficiently. In the hour before any heavy exercise, stop knocking back glasses of water and instead just take sips from time to time. This will prevent fluid sloshing about in your stomach, which can be really uncomfortable. Make sure you get water in after too, as it’s essential to aid recovery.
To learn more about how to train for our obstacle course races, visit your nearest gym and ask a staff member.
- Can I see the course before event day?
No, most of the course is on private land but please take a look at our gallery and video to give you an idea of what to expect.
- Do I need to be able to swim?
No, none of our obstacles require you to swim. All water obstacles are no more than 4ft deep but having confidence in water is necessary.
- Can I raise money for charity?
Yes, that would be great! You can raise money for our charity partner – Wiltshire Air Ambulance and you can have your own sports giving page created for you when entering or even donate when entering. Get in touch if you’d like any imagery to go onto your charity fundraising pages by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I get involved or be a marshal?
Of course! We require a number of volunteers to help in our event arena or marshal our obstacles and route to keep our runners safe and smiling. We offer all our volunteers a free meal after the race, hot drinks whilst marshalling and a free ticket to our next event. Please email email@example.com for more information!
- Do I get a refund if the race is cancelled due to a force majeure, such as bad weather or a terrorist incident?
As per our terms and conditions, any race that has to be cancelled for this reason, will be rearranged for the earliest possible date. Entrants are automatically entered into the race on the new date.
There are no transfers or refunds available in these circumstances. Please read the terms and conditions carefully when you enter a DB Max race. These are available by clicking HERE.